Sunday 30 November 2008

Extensis Suitecase fonts clash with system fonts

Why does my fonts clash with the system fonts?

I have got no fonts in my system, yet Suitcase insists that the fonts are clashing with some system fonts. I am running OS X Tiger 10.3.1 with Extensis Suitcase 11 and Quark 6.5. What is the problem?

Well, the font cache of OS X Tiger is a bit "confused" and it needs to be cleared. There are different methods: You can do it through commands or deleting two pref. files, but the easiest by far (that worked every time for me) is to boot the system into safe mode by holding the "shift" button just after the boot sound. Once started up in safe mode, the font cache gets cleared as well. Now all you have to do now, is restart the system and let it boot up normally.


Problem solved. :-)

No comments:

Followers